Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Joy.


Christmas is such a special time of year. I love the lights. There is something magical about the lights. They shine so brightly. I love to sit in the dark, with only the Christmas tree lights illuminated, and contemplate. I find that when I focus on the light and ponder issues that normally create within me conflict or unrest I am filled with peace. I can sort through my thoughts without the disruptive feelings of frustration or confusion. The light calms me. With it I feel warm and secure. I think that is why the Savior is compared to light... the Light of the world. Light always chases away the dark. Always.

This Christmas I have found myself contemplating many things... doubts, worries, my future... aaagh... what to do with my future?! I realized that I needed to do something each day to have the Spirit of Christ with me. This will illuminate my course. I had the opportunity to hear the testimonies of my parents and my grandfather. Hearing their testimonies helped me to recognize how the actively seeking the presence of the Lord's light in their lives has helped to change them, to better them, to solidify for each of them the peaceful reassurances that only a knowledge of the gospel can bring. I can't wait until Christmas to focus on the light. It is something I must actively pursue each day. Sheri Dew said, "We are the followers of Jesus Christ. And we have been His followers and have loved Him for a long, long time. Nothing is more important than working and sacrificing and enduring for Him."


This Christmas I am recommitted to a more active pursual of Christ's light in my life. That is my wish for you... my dear family and friends. It is the only way to have certain peace and understanding in this life regardless of the trials or tribulations we experience. I want that comfort for you and me.



I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. I love you.

1 comment: