Monday, November 15, 2010

the beef.

WARNING:  The following is a vent session.

There are three things that you should know about me.

1.  I prefer to be barefoot.
2.  I like the way shoes look... on other people but I don't really care to wear shoes, unless of course they are flip flops.
3.  If I have to wear shoes I require a good pair of socks.

Which brings me to my beef.  A few years ago I was introduced to the greatest pair of socks.  They are made by Champion.  A standard white athletic crew sock, with a cushion toe and heel, soft cotton, and a snug no slouch fit.  They are fantastic.  Truly.  Problem is I CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!  And... I need socks.  I've been searching for a year to no avail. 

So last week I resigned to purchase a "lesser" sock.  Hanes.  They are not comfortable, they slouch, and are overall substandard.  I hate them.  To make matters worse, no less than 4 hours of wearing the second pair of socks I take off my shoe, look down, and see... a run.  A RUN!!  IN MY SOCKS!!!!  Who knew that was possible?!  I mean, really.  Isn't that shame reserved for pantyhose... the single most uncomfortable article of clothing a woman can wear!  I had my Champion socks for over three years with zero holes.  Zero runs.  They are what the name brand says.  Champions.  Total perfection.  I HATE Hanes socks.  Hate them.  HATE THEM! 

5 comments:

  1. you are SO FUNNY! the comedic timing of this post is incredible. it made me laugh out loud. down with lesser socks and hurrah for champions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we'll all have to be on the search for socks with you!

    Amen to the barefoot and flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looked down and noticed my socks...they say "c9" which is champion as well :) i have had them for some years, so that must mean i agree with you! i did just buy some socks at kmart, they are joe boxer and i just liked how soft they are! i will let you know if i find any more champs though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Aimee, this post made me laugh out loud! Well said, my dear friend! I wish we could find you a perfect pair of Champion socks. Maybe you could write the company? I will send in your blog post for you, if you want. I'm all about advocating!!

    ReplyDelete