I think it's time for another roommate post. This here post is about my lovely sister Dinahmite. We are not biological sisters ... more like sistas from another mista'... and another motha'. Heh heh. Dinahmite was my saving grace at BYU. I used to sing AC / DC to her all the time "She's TNT... she's Dinahmite!" and she stayed friends with me... so I knew she was a keeper. I met Dinahmite as a freshman and lived with her my second semester, my sophomore and part of my junior year as well as part of my senior year. Our first night as roommates we stayed up talking until the sun came up. It was like we had been friends our whole lives and were just getting reacquainted. So here are my top 13 reasons Dinahmite is every bit of TNT...
1. Dinahmite is super patient. I gave her plenty of reasons to be mad or annoyed with me but Dinahmite always treated met with loving patience.
2. Dinahmite is the epitome of poise. If you looked up the word in the dictionary her picture will be listed. Seriously. Go check it out on Wiki.
3. Dinahmite is every bit a homemaker. It is from her I learned that people besides my mom ... like girls my age... do things like clean and keep an orderly house. Or plan meals for dinner.
4. Speaking of dinner, Dinahmite loved to cook and I to eat so it worked out well for me. The summer after my sophomore year I spent my time swimming in the pool and taking two classes: English and bowling. When I got home from class Dinahmite would have dinner on the table. If I had been a boy I would have married her just for that!
5. Dinahmite is honest and sincere. That quality alone makes her one of the most successful salesperson I have ever seen. You always know you can trust her.
6. Dinahmite makes me laugh so hard. I love to laugh. She is one funny girl.
7. Dinahmite makes others feel safe. When you are with her your emotional safety is not even a question. Your name is safe. Your worries are safe. Dinahmite is not critical or a gossip.
8. Dinahmite knows how to diffuse a tense situation. There was an incident once in our apartment of four girls where emotions were tense and at a critical stage. Dinahmite called everyone together and before engaging in a discussion of the issues, she asked us to kneel and pray together. It was the quickest resolution to a problem I have experienced to date.
9. Dinahmite walks into a room and commands attention... just because she's drop dead gorgeous. I'm not kidding. Oh, and everyone knows her even if she doesn't know them. But she doesn't let that get to her head. I think the majority of the time she's clueless to the fact.
10. Dinahmite is like a vault. Your secret is safe with her... especially if you talk to her in the middle of the night when she's sleeping... cause she'll talk to you like she's awake but won't remember it in the morning. ;)
11. Dinahmite has an amazing testimony. Amazing.
12. Dinahmite has great style.
13. Dinahmite made me want to be a better person. She was like a big sister and role model to me as a entered into the adult world. I still look to her for that example.
Love you Dinahmite. Mwah!
AMEN!! Love her!
ReplyDeleteThanks Aimee:) I just read it and you made me smile. I should be doing dishes but I am surfing the internet:) it is a great way to start the day.
ReplyDelete