BLOGS: I haven't blogged in forever. Not because I haven't had tons of things to say but because I've just been blog lazy. I'm trying to do better. I really have so many things to say that I'm sure the world wide web is just dying to hear... or umm... read.
SPIES: So the plural of the word spy looks really weird to me. But, this is not why I am choosing to blog about spies. Recently I had a conversation with one of my dearest friends... the one with short dark curly hair who shall remain nameless.... about being noticed and remembered. See, I can meet someone on say a Tuesday and have my hair down. The next day, a Wednesday, I can have my hair pulled up into a pony tail and meet the same person and it's like they've never met me before. I kid you not. People usually don't believe me until they've seen it happen. But, my curly dark haired friend who shall remain nameless is remembered everywhere. We went furniture shopping for her this weekend and sales people she met over a week ago remember her. In one store the clerk remembered what she had been shopping for several weeks prior right down to the size and color of the item. I've never seen anything like it. I decided her life must be what it's like for the rich and famous. (Of course she is not my first friend with this problem... hmmm... Dinahmite). You can't go anywhere without being recognized. But my life is like that of a spy. All I have to do is put on a pair of glasses, part my hair down the middle, and suddenly I'm a totally different person. I can move in and out of spaces without being remembered or sometimes even seen. Too bad I don't have some cool power like the ability to fly.... then I could "take it to the next level" and become a superhero.
Yay, yay, yay! You wrote! I missed you!
ReplyDelete